Searching for Red Crossbills in Heather Farm-Walnut Creek No Luck on Mar. 4

rosita94598

After reading Joel Herr's message Sunday afternoon, I checked two times in Heather Farm Park for the Red Crossbills. My first attempt was this morning about 8 AM, which was unsuccessful. I tried again between 4:30 and 5 PM this afternoon, Monday, and still did not see any.

They are an extremely transient species, and I won't hold my breath, but I'll still keep my eyes open to them. We also have a number of liquid amber trees in our neighborhood just north of the park, so I have checked them, too. All I saw was Robins and Cedar Waxwings.

Hugh B. Harvey