Meadowlarks back at the Albany Plateau

George A Suennen

Hello All,

I stopped by the Albany Mudflats hoping to see the Osprey and Peregrine again, but they
were a no show. I did see a small group of Western Meadowlarks on the Plateau, inside
the fenced off area. First time I've seen them up there since they "cleaned" up the area
and restricted access a couple of years ago.

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130222-Albany-Mudflats/slides/0222-094547-05.html

The Say's Phoebe is still there hanging around the fence at the main entrance to the
plateau.

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130222-Albany-Mudflats/slides/0222-094230-02.html

Also saw over a hundred Double-crested Cormorants fly by, a few landed near by
(along with a Brown Pelican), but didn't stay long.

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130222-Albany-Mudflats/slides/0222-094406-01.html

Best Regards,
George