Anna's Hummingbird behavior

George A Suennen

Hello All,

I was at the Canyon Trail Park in El Cerrito the other day and noticed a lot
of hummingbird activity. Not only males singing all over the place but a
female on a nest. It seems early to me for that, but maybe they know
the cold (and rain?) is over for the season. Also saw a female make a
"running start" at a spider web, then back out at the last minute.
Photos start here:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130125-Canyon-Trail

Hopefully this is ok to post on this board.

Cheers and I hope you're all feeling better then I am, as I'm sick with
some kind of cold, just at the weather is getting good :(

George
http://birds.jorj7.com