Join the Oakland CBC Sunday, December 16

David Quady and Nancy Boas

Hello, Bay Area Birders:

Golden Gate Audubon Society invites you to take part in the Oakland Christmas Bird Count on Sunday, December 16 . . . unless, of course, you're committed to your local CBC that day.

Please join us. You'll have a chance to sample the bird life in an interesting area that fits your interests and abilities, contribute to our knowledge of the status and distribution of resident and winter visitant birds, and have fun doing it.

Click this link to the sign-up form:
<http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/birding-resources/christmas-bird-counts/christmas-bird-count/>

Afterwards you can attend the count dinner, to learn what birds have been found, and where. A rarity or two usually turns up; learning of them right away can help you see them, too. The food is good, and the company is even better, and it costs only $15 if you sign up by December 1.

Download your dinner sign-up form here:
<http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012-Oakland-Dinner-Registration.pdf>

If you have questions about the count, please contact me:

Dave Quady, co-compiler (with Bob Lewis) of the Oakland CBC

We hope to see you there!

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
davequady@att.net