Re: Merlin at Arrowhead Marsh

Allen Hirsch <allenvhirsch@...>

My merlin images from yesterday morning at Arrowhead Marsh:

http://allenh.zenfolio.com/p55171741

Allen Hirsch
Oakland

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM, George A Suennen <george@jorj7.com> wrote:

**

Hello All,

Had a good bird day. Went with Allen H. to Arrowhead Marsh this morning.
We were greeted at the entrance to the parking lot by a Merlin sitting in a
tree. At first I thought it was a Cooper's Hawk, but Allen noticed the
facial
markings were more like a Kestrel. Another gentlemen came along with a
bird book and Identified it as a Merlin. It was very cooperative, and
let us
take photos from several angles.

Also saw a couple of Sora, Clapper Rail, Common Yellowthroats, Marsh Wren,
many Brown Pelicans, Western Grebes, and a few ducks among other birds.

I put up some photos at:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121111-Arrowhead-Marsh

Regards,

George