Anyway, thanks for the input.

George
http://birds.jorj7.com

On 2012-11-03 6:46 PM, Bruce Mast wrote:

George,
I believe your bird is a Savannah Sparrow. Note, among other things, the
short notched tail. This bird doesn't show a lot of yellow in the face but
that is a pretty variable field mark. I'm pretty sure I saw the same bird
this morning (I was the there on a bicycle from 10-11:30).

General sparrow diversity at that site is fairly impressive. Along with
numerous Golden-crowned and White-crowned Sparrows and the Harris's, I
noted
Savannah, Lincoln's, Fox, and House Sparrows, along with California
Towhees.

Bruce Mast
Oakland