From: EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com [mailto:EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of George A Suennen
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 5:42 PM
To: EBB Sightings
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Harris's Sparrow at Hayward Shoreline and possibly
a Henslow's Sparrow?

Hello All,

Allen H. and I went down to the Hayward Shoreline (Grant Ave) to check out
the Harris's Sparrow. We managed a brief viewing of the Harris's in a tree
next to the fence. I also got a glimpse of another sparrow that I thought
was a Song Sparrow, but when I looked at the photos, it didn't seem right.
After looking in my bird book, the closest I can find is a Henslow's
Sparrow. This is not it's usual range, so I'm suspicious of my id. Here's
a link to some of the photos:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-091241-03.h
tml
http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-091249-02.h
tml

Song, Henslow's, or maybe a Vesper Sparrow?

Your input is appreciated.

Oh, and my partially obscured view of the Harris's:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-090359-01.h
tml

Thanks,
George