Harris's Sparrow at Hayward Shoreline and possibly a Henslow's Sparrow?

George A Suennen

Hello All,

Allen H. and I went down to the Hayward Shoreline (Grant Ave) to check out the
Harris's Sparrow. We managed a brief viewing of the Harris's in a tree next to the
fence. I also got a glimpse of another sparrow that I thought was a Song Sparrow,
but when I looked at the photos, it didn't seem right. After looking in my bird book,
the closest I can find is a Henslow's Sparrow. This is not it's usual range, so I'm
suspicious of my id. Here's a link to some of the photos:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-091241-03.html
http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-091249-02.html

Song, Henslow's, or maybe a Vesper Sparrow?

Your input is appreciated.

Oh, and my partially obscured view of the Harris's:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/121103-Hayward-Shoreline/slides/1103-090359-01.html

Thanks,
George
http://birds.jorj7.com