Re: Eared Grebes up close at Coyote Hills Regional Park

Joe Morlan

Larry,

Clicking on the images which gives locality and dates. I now see that most
of those photos are from Florida. But I found one photo from Coyote Hills
at..

http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20p?see=I_LHT5504&res=640

Is that the bird? The date says 24 April 2012 but the photo looks like a
Western Sandpiper to me.

I cannot find a Semipalmated Sandpiper photo from 29 October. Am I missing
something?

Thanks.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Joseph Morlan <jmorlan@...> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:57:52 -0000, "Larry H. Thompson"
<thompson14ster@...> wrote:

I found a Semipalmated Sandpiper among a group of Least Sandpipers.
http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20q?search=Semipalmated+Sandpiper&flags=col2:&res=640

Larry,

That photo is labeled from 2007-2010. Do you have photos of the current
bird with date and locality indicated? Or is that the bird?

Semipalmated Sandpiper in California in late October would be
unprecedented.
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt