Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) in Contra Costa Co. photos.

albertlinkowski

Yesterday and today, on October 28 and 29, 2012, I have watched the birds in the vicinity of Los Vaqueros Reservoir, near Brentwood, Contra Costa County. Among other birds, I saw seven Rock Wrens (Salpinctes obsoletus), Prairie Falcon (Falco mexicanus) (on Oct.28), 2 Ospreys (Pandion haliaetus), 2 Golden Eagles (Aquila chrysaetos) (one bird seen near Vasco / Walnut Blvd ). Eagle's hat-trick was made ​​by observations of Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus). Yesterday I saw two adult birds flying over the reservoir, and then sitting on top of a high oak. This was too far for my the Camera, and although I made photo, the effect after the magnified image, were two dark spots on the top of the tree. I returned today to take pictures at a closer distance, unfortunately, I was not able to take a picture of two birds side by side, first saw the bird in the air, and later perching on top of the tree, I'm not sure if these were two birds whether the same. During the return I also met two Bobcats(Lynx rufus)

Rock wren

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_l14yM4bxjNY9IsqU3XrQNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qi8nDZfFsNiiM62dzBaYl9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Bobcat