From: Larry H. Thompson <thompson14ster@...>
To: EBB_Sightings@...
Sent: Mon, October 29, 2012 12:57:57 PM
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Eared Grebes up close at Coyote Hills Regional Park

On Saturday morning (Oct 27) I spent a couple of hours on the shoreward portion
of the No-name Trail. My best encounter was with about 10 Eared Grebes, which
were very cooperative and are shown at:

http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20q?search=eared+grebe&flags=col2:&res=640

There were more than 100 American Avocets, but they were hard to approach and
flew several times.

I found a Semipalmated Sandpiper among a group of Least Sandpipers.
http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20q?search=Semipalmated+Sandpiper&flags=col2:&res=640

I also had a fly-by of an Elegant Tern:
http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20q?search=Sterna+elegans&flags=col2:&res=640

There was a White-Tailed Kite sitting for several hours in the top of a tree at
Dairy Glen. It was also fairly approachable.

Good birding
Larry Thompson
Livermore, CA