House Wren padawan

Jaan Lepson <lepson@...>

Sorry about the Star Wars reference!

Yesterday morning I heard a song outside my bedroom window I could not identify. It sounded like a whisper song or subsong, which at times reminded me of House Wren, Ruby-Crowned Kinglet, and Lesser Goldfinch. I finally saw the little dear and it was indeed a House Wren. He was at it again this morning. Although his babbling often has a House Wren "feel" to it, at no time has he given a real song with its cascading, bubbling notes. I am assuming it's a young male learning to sing, hence the padawan bit.

good birding!
Jaan

Jaan Lepson
Livermore, ALA