Hayward Shoreline (5/28)

Bob Richmond

Seen at the shoreline today -

Black Skimmer - 2 in Hayward Marsh, probably on a nest. The other pair that is on a nest I didn't go to where I could see it.

Western Wood-Pewee - 1 in the trees along Frank's Dump East. I only have 7 later spring records (including early June records).

Ash-throated Flycatcher - 1 along the north side of Mt. Trashmore. The only later spring records I have at the shoreline are in early June.

Swainson's Thrush - 1 at Winton Ave. The only later spring records I have at the shoreline are in early June.

Warbling Vireo - 1 at Winton Ave. This has been a very good spring for these vireos. This is the latest spring record I have for this species by 1 day.

Cassin's Vireo - 1 at Winton Ave. This is the latest spring record I have for this species by 10 days. This is the only year in which I have multiple records.

Western Tanager - 2 at Winton Ave. I only have 5 later spring records at the shoreline (including early June records).

Bob