From: Steve Glover <countylines@...>
To: <EBB_Sightings@...>,"Sheila Dickie" <falconmae@...>,<countylines@...>
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012 1:25:47 PM GMT-7
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Nuttall's Woodpeckers in the Richmond area

Hi all,

Nuttall's Woodpecker is another example of a bird that has expanded its range recently. There are many Ebird reports from Miller/Knox from the past few years yet I recorded them there on only 3 widely spaced occasions. Notice they are all in fall.

Nuttall's
Woodpecker
1
9/22/2001

Nuttall's Woodpecker
2
10/12/2005

Nuttall's Woodpecker
1
9/16/1997

I did find them much more regularly in the eucalyptus forest at Pt. Pinole but, overall, I found this species to be quite scarce on the Bay plain around Richmond.

Steve Glover
Fort Worth, TX