Recently Fledged Cooper's Hawks

George A Suennen

Hello All,

There are a pair of recently fledged Cooper's Hawks in the Canyon Trail Park in
El Cerrito. I first saw them on July 4th, and they were still there on Sunday.
I got some decent shot of them on Sunday, even though it was pretty overcast.
The parent flies in once in a while to feed them, but I didn't get any shots of
them.

Sunday, while I was shooting the first one, the second flew to the same branch and
put on a brief show. Was a pretty interesting experience. Photos from Sunday:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120715-Canyon-Trail

Also have a pair of nesting Bluebirds (with a recent fledgling) there also.

George
http://birds.jorj7.com