Spotted Sandpiper in Heather Farm Park--Walnut Creek

rosita94598

Today, Tuesday, while on my usual morning ride through the park, I saw a Spotted Sandpiper on the island in the large, mostly natural pond. I was at the wooden railing near the east side parking lot, looking across the pond, when I saw the Spotted Sandpiper on the rocks which edge the island. This would seem to be a very late date for this bird.

Also present were 4 swallow species, Barn, Cliff, Violet-green and Northern Rough-winged. and two Western Bluebirds on the north ball fields.

Hugh B. Harvey