Announcing the "Our Wild Lands" Photo Contest

photohutch

Birders and Photographers,

We are very pleased that the Mt. Diablo Audubon Society is a sponsor of the Muir Heritage Land Trustís Our Wild Lands nature photography contest and has approved the posting of contest information to the EBB_Sightings group.

Muir Heritage invites you to enter the inaugural Our Wild Lands Photography Contest. Focus your lens on the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the Muir Heritage Land Trust properties. Explore the Acalanes Ridge, Fernandez Ranch, Sky Ranch, Dutra Ranch, and Gustin properties and submit your photographs for a chance to win prizes and recognition.

Our properties are rich with wildlife, as Mount Diablo helianthella, mountain lions, American badgers, Golden Eagles, and Red-legged frogs highlight an extensive list of our flora and fauna. More information about the contest and the properties can be found by visiting the Muir Heritage website at www.muirheritagelandtrust.org.

As part of the contest, we are excited to announce that Muir Heritage will be hosting a major photography event at Fernandez Ranch on May 12th featuring world-renowned nature photographer Wendy Shattil. Wendy will be sharing insights on how best to approach Fernandez Ranch's photographic bounty as well as providing tips in creating award-winning imagery. Fernandez Ranch is listed as an eBird hotspot and a feeding station / bird photography set up will be added to the property in the near future. More details about the photography event and Wendy are available on our website.

The Our Wild Lands photo contest is now open and images may be submitted through July 15th. But donít wait; the spring migration is in full force and the blooms are just starting to blossom!

Winning images will be showcased at Muir Heritage's Fresh Aire Affaire Gala in August and the top images will be featured on both the contest and MHLTís websites. A presentation of winning images will be made at a MDAS meeting in the fall as well.

Good luck and thanks for your support of the Muir Heritage Land Trustís efforts to protect and preserve open space for all the inhabitants of Contra Costa County.

Happy birding and good shooting!

Steve Hutchcraft
Alamo, CA

Muir Heritage Land Trust