Photos of Canyon Wren

albertlinkowski

"Veni,vidi,vici", or should I say Veni,vidi,votogravici Catherpes mexicanus (Canyon Wren)
4/21/2012 Today I again visited the Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve (Contra Costa County), but this time the central and western parts. Just as in the eastern part of the park, Rock Wren (Salpinctes obsoletus) is common (up to Stewardville) that in the central and western parts, is virtually absent. In this section, dominates Bewick's Wren (Thryomanes bewickii), but also here there is a great habitat for Canyon Wren. Today I saw and heard only one individual, but I hope there is at least a pair (Lower Chaparral Loop Trail)
Attach today's photos of this species as well as photos of Rock Wren for comparison.

Albert Linkowski

https://picasaweb.google.com/116458691385845361056/CanyonWrenCatherpesMexicanus?authuser=0&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/116458691385845361056/RockWrenSalpinctesObsoletus?authuser=0&feat=directlink