Pileated Woodpecker, Danville?

photohutch

Hi all,

Yesterday morning (Sunday), I had a brief view at what appeared to be a large, noisy woodpecker flying overhead. The lighting was terrible and its flight was occasionally obscured by trees. However, I'm pretty confident it was a Pileated Woodpecker. Having lived and birded in the East, I'm fairly familiar with them and I immediately looked up when I heard the bird's call. Size and sound seemed to be right, but I wasn't able to get a positive ID due to the backlight and trees. Has anyone seem them in the area? I was at St. Timothy's Episcopal Church on Diablo Rd. and the bird was flying south towards open space. . . .

Happy Birding,

Steve

Alamo, CA