Pacific Commons

Dave Weber

Hi Birders-

Made a late afternoon stop at Pacific Commons Linear Park in Fremont. Two Ross's Geese and an American Bittern were at the east pond. There appeared to be a slight size difference between the two geese. Two male Eurasian Widgeons were on the west pond and a/the Yellow-headed Blackbird was in reeds near the west observation area. I met Charlotte Allen and we went back for the Ross's Geese which were now way out in the field. Even at that distance, one was very slightly larger but all other marks suggested it was Ross's. This place always seems to have something interesting.

Dave Weber