Black Scoter continues

judisierra

Eugenia & Gary Larsen and I had good looks of the Black Scoter today in the Richmond Marina Bay. Looking north I found it first in front of the deli/restaurant steps. First accompanied by 2 female scaup, soon replaced by a male surf scoter who worked hard to keep up with this guy. A couple of times having to wing it to catch up. Later a 2nd male surf scoter joined up. Most of their time was spent close to the boats and a scope was helpful. Eugenia found a Pacific Loon in the outer harbor between Shimada and Vincent Parks. I saw what may have been an immature red-throated loon in the Marina Bay. (No distinct white on the neck). Also seen were eared, horned and western grebes.

Judi Sierra- Oakland