Yard Downy WP update

Jay

This is follow up from my suspicion of a Downy WP nest with hatchlings in front of my house.

The last 2 days I have seen the mommy as well. Mr. and Mrs. Woodrow are gleaning stuff from the tree (as well as other local trees). They stick their heads into the small cavity and the constant twittering crescendoes excitedly for a moment. Sometimes, mommy disappears completely into the tree. Pretty cool stuff! Before this, I've only had very transient Nuttall's and RB Sapsucker come to my yards. And only a couple of other nesting species.

Jay Dodge

North Berkeley (low hills)