Patterson Pass Rd & Del Valle

Ken Wilson <kaeagles@...>

I spent a few hours up around Patterson Pass Rd and down to Midway Rd this afternoon. Later I visited Del Valle with Rich Camino & Jim Ross. These are some of the birds seen:

Mountain Bluebirds - at least 5
Western Meadowhawks
Lark Sparrows - a flock (later saw at least 4 along lower Mines Rd with Rich Camino and Jim Ross)
American Kestrel
Red-tailed Hawks - several
Crow
Loggerhead Shrike - 1 at the Windfarm gate and another 2 along Midway
Ferruginous Hawk (dark morph)
Say's Phoebe (later saw another along Greenville Rd near the golf course)

Looked for but did not see the Rough-legged Hawks in the Midway Rd area.

@ Del Valle along a trail:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet - many
Acorn Woodpecker - many
Yellow-billed Magpie - several were feeding near the maintenance yard
Great Blue Heron - 2
Hairy Woodpecker
Scrub Jays - 3
Phainopepla - spotted by Rich heading down Del Valle Rd toward it's intersection with Mines Rd.

I posted a few photos from Patterson Pass Rd at the link below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaeagles

Ken Wilson
Pleasanton