White-Throated Swifts and Golden Eagle Alvarado Park, Richmond

Sheila Dickie

On Friday, December 16 mid to late afternoon, there was a large flock of White-throated Swifts flying high above the Wildcat Canyon Trail at the Alvarado Park end in Richmond.

On Thursday, December 15, mid afternoon, while walking the same trail I saw a very big bird flying high up in the sky and headed east which looked like a Golden Eagle.  Later in my walk a woman came up to me and said that earlier she had seen what looked to her like a young Golden Eagle flying above the parking lot at Alvarado, apparently very interested in remote-controlled racing cars that two men were playing with in the parking lot.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond