Re: Emeryville Black-throated Gray Warbler

Kirk Swenson

It was still present this (Friday) afternoon at 3:30, and a colleague of
mine had it around 9:00 this morning as well, although I missed it at 9:30.

Good birding,
Kirk Swenson
Davis <---> Emeryville

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Kirk Swenson <khswenson@...> wrote:

The Black-throated Gray Warbler in Heritage Square in Emeryville was
present this (Thursday) morning around 10:00. Assuming the Oakland CBC is
on its traditional day this Sunday that makes it at least a count week
bird. I didn't see it on my return trip to the station at 4:00, but I
didn't have time to stop for long. I also saw it a few times last week, so
the odds seem pretty good that it should be findable on count day. Lately
it's been preferring the trees along Hollis, particularly the one on the
North side of the Hollis St. entrance to the square. It's not 100%
predictable, however, so making a couple of passes will increase the odds.

Good birding,
Kirk Swenson
Davis <---> Emeryville

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Kirk Swenson <khswenson@...> wrote:

The Black-throated Gray Warbler in Heritage Square was showing nicely
this morning around 9:30 in the trees along Hollis St. It's somewhat
hit-or-miss whether I run into it on my trips back and forth to the train
station these days, but it's definitely still around.

Kirk Swenson
Davis <---> Emeryville

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Kirk Swenson <khswenson@...>wrote:

The Black-throated Gray Warbler was present in Heritage Square this
morning at 9:30. A colleague of mine reported seeing it there yesterday as
well.

Good birding,
Kirk Swenson
Davis <---> Emeryville

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 2:14 AM, Kirk Swenson <khswenson@...>wrote:

A/the Black-throated Gray Warbler has returned to Heritage Square in
Emeryville for another winter. It was seen this (Friday) afternoon around
3:30 and around the same time on Wednesday as well. With any luck it will
stay for the winter, as it has for the last couple years. Heritage Square
is at 59th & Hollis. The bird is most often seen in the large trees in the
center of the square, but I've occasionally seen it (in previous years) in
several of the other trees around the square and a couple of times out on
59th St.

Good birding,
Kirk Swenson
Davis <---> Emeryville