Re: Tundra Swans at Coyote Hills (no)

scfloyd2000

I hiked out the Bayview Trail at Coyote Hills this morning and scoped the bay for 40 minutes, but the only large white birds I saw were pelicans and egrets. This is a vast area with thousands of birds, and I didn't have unlimited time, but I didn't see any Tundra Swans. I did, however, enjoy seeing a large pink bird, the continuing Chilean Flamingo.

If you want to try your luck, park at the west end of the Visitor Center parking lot and walk north for about 15 minutes on the paved Bayview Trail. Just past the junction with the Red Hill Trail, make a left to stay on the Bayview to the overlook from where you can scope the bay.

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont

--- In EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com, "DD" <dd240sx@...> wrote:

Tundra Swans Are still present in CH and can be seen from bay-view trail looking towards west http://g.co/maps/vbn8t but kind of far away for any pictures.