Berkeley Pier & area today

scfloyd2000

Rich Nicholson and I previewed the Berkeley Pier area this morning in preparation for Saturday morning's Ohlone Audubon field trip (http://www.ohloneaudubon.org/index.php/upcoming-events/calendar/view/150/31). Nothing rare, but we had great sightings of Common Loons, Horned Grebes, Pelagic Cormorants, Black Oystercatcher, and Black Turnstone. Hundreds of sandpipers, plovers, gulls and terns were on the old pier. At Cesar Chavez Park, a Burrowing Owl showed just the top of its head as it hid in the grass in the area set aside for owls. This is a great time of year to enjoy this beautiful area!

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont