Yellow-Headed Blackbird, Pac Comm Linear Park, Fremont

scfloyd2000

A male Yellow-Headed Blackbird was in a mixed flock of hundreds of Tri-Colored, Red-Winged, and Brewer's Blackbirds this morning at the end of Auto Mall Parkway near the R/R tracks in Fremont northwest of Pacific Commons Linear Park.

Rich Nicholson, Brenda Senturia and I were previewing tomorrow's Ohlone Audubon field trip to Pac Commons when we found the bird.

We also had an American Bittern, two Great-Tailed Grackles, a Peregrine Falcon, a Cooper's Hawk, and many others - a great morning birding. Join us tomorrow morning! Details about the field trip may be found at:

http://www.ohloneaudubon.org/index.php/upcoming-events/calendar/view/149/31

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont