Black-throated Gray Warbler at Miller Knox

Sheila Dickie

Yesterday afternoon, October 16, the sun seemed to bring out all the birds at Miller Knox Regional Shoreline Park in Pt. Richmond, where I birded from 4-6 p.m.  The main activity was in the park north of the lagoon.

Of note on the east side of the park a Black-throated Gray Warbler foraged in a round leafed eucalyptus then in the pines along the paved path that goes north and is accessed from the first large parking lot on the right as you come through the tunnel onto Dornan Dr.

Also present, many Yellow-rumped Warblers as well as a good showing of Western Bluebirds.  A Nuttall's Woodpecker flew in near the parking lot and as I left there was a Northern Flicker in the north west corner atop a very tall tree.  Two Fox Sparrows were foraging along with a flock of White-crowned Sparrows at the northernmost end of the park. There were also a few Golden-crowned Sparrows foraging in the parking lot.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond