Re: N. Waterthrush in Contra Loma--Friday

Joe Morlan

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:21:00 -0000, "rosita94598" <rosita94598@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Calvin Lu was arriving as we neared the lot and he proceeded to the island.

About 2 minutes after she left, I found the bird along the water's edge at the far end of the lot. It was next to a small Palm tree near a floating fishing pier. I hollered for Calvin, who arrived a few minutes later out of breath.

We watched the bird from about 8:30 until 9:30. Gloria returned with her husband and an EBRPD ranger arrived, then left and returned with a camera. After lots of photos were taken, the bird flew, apparently toward the island.
A photo taken today by Calvin Lou is on the WFO web site:

http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/

Click on thumbnail for larger image; click again for full size.

Enjoy!
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
Birding Classes start Sep 14 http://fog.ccsf.edu/jmorlan/