Hayward Shoreline Yellow-b. Chat

bdisme51 <bdisme51@...>

Went to the Hayward Shoreline at the west end of Winton Avenue this morning right as the rain ended and the sun came out. I had a singing Yellow-breasted Chat in the trees across from the park office.

I also walked out to the City of Hayward ponds. The Red-necked Phalarope count was up to about 40 birds and I refound 2 of the 4 Black Skimmers reported by Bob Richmond yesterday.

The trees around the parking lot still had Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped and Wilson's Warblers, Cedar Waxwings, Hermit Thrush and a Pacific-sloped Flycatcher. Did not refind the Nashville Warbler or Cassin's Vireos reported yesterday.

Bob Dunn
San Leandro