Patterson Pass migrants

richard s. cimino

Jim Ross and I made our way to Patterson Pass today about 3 PM.
We missed birders Zach Baer and Eric Pilotte, they reported a Blue Grosbeak.
Their sighting supports the mid April Blue Grosbeak typical arrival date.
We did met Steve Huckabone and his wife around RM 6.04, so we had to stop birding long enough to chat.
That only lasted twenty seconds, because the large cottonwood trees in that area were so full of migrants.
RM 5.47 scan the hill side on the south side of the road. There are now two pairs of Burrowing Owls a few hundred feet apart.
RM 5.90 to RM 6.21
1 Willow Flycatcher in an area of the large cottonwoods, very low directly above the creek. This Flycatcher lacked an eye ring.
1 Ash-throated Flycatcher
1 Western Kingbird
2 Black-headed Grosbeaks
2 Bullocks Oriole
1 House Wren
5 Nashville Warblers
3 Wilson Warbler
6 Black-throated Gray Warblers - one female
5 Audubon Warblers - all males
1 Selasphorus Hummingbird - moving very fast
1 Shrike
2 Hermit Thrush's
3 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
4 White-crowned Sparrows