Administrator's Message

Ann McGregor <annmcg@...>

Dear List Members,

It's time again to remind everyone about the guidelines for posting to the list. The purpose of this list is to report the sighting of migrating and unusual birds in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Therefore, it is very important to include directions to your sightings and your name. Specific directions to the location of the bird(s) are very helpful to new members. In may be helpful to link to the locator tables when giving directions: <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/places/index.html>.

Check the MDAS website at <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/index.php> for links to other lists. General discussion about bird topics belongs on BirdChat or CalBirds. Off-topic threads will sometimes be either publicly or privately challenged as the list administrator feel's is necessary according to judgement. If you wish to respond to a message, please use your RE function only when responding to the original sender. Messages to the group should always be original. Specific no-no's include the following:

NO Attachments
NO Political advocacy or political statements
NO Posting of Advents
NO Posting of birds out of area (all areas really do have their own lists).

You may upload your photos of birds but they are subject to approval by the moderator. It is preferable that you posts photos at other places (like Flicker) which preserves the quality of your photos and then include the link in your message.

A calendar of birding events is also available on the Mount Diablo Audubon Society homepage at <http://www.diabloaudubon.com/index.php>.

Yahoo Groups is Beta testing the Chat feature for groups. I've enabled this feature for EBB_Sightings members. To access the Chat feature, log on to Yahoo and go to the EBB-Sightings home page. The Chat feature is on the left side of our home page. You are welcome to give it a try and if it's beneficial to the group, I will keep it enabled. Your feedback to me will be appreciated.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann McGregor
List Administrator