Wildcat Canyon/Tilden area this morning - waxings, warblers

phil capitolo

From 7:30 to 8:30 this morning I had about 400 CEDAR WAXWINGS Waxwings flying north in groups.

At least 1 BLACK-THROATED GREY and 1 HERMIT WARBLER are singing and showing themselves in a neighbor's big oak, along with what seem like extra ORANGE-CROWNED, TOWNSEND'S, and WILSON'S in the area.

What looked like a female SHARP-SHINNED HAWK was up already.

A pair of AMERICAN CROWS have been carrying nest material to I think a different neighbor's oak the last two days.

phil capitolo
berkeley