Re: Tilden on Monday

Rosemary Johnson

And I forgot about the Red-breasted Nuthatch getting a late start on pecking out a nest cavity.  It was fun watching him spit out the wood chips. ;)

On 04/19/2022 9:22 PM Rosemary Johnson <compasros@...> wrote:

I should mention that the Monday birding group saw an Allen's hummingbird with two tiny fledglings on the Upper Packrat Trail.  Then near the restrooms across from Jewel Lake we saw two Anna's babies in a nest on a sapling.

Other highlights were several Wilson's Warblers, an Orange-crowned Warbler, Black-headed Grosbeak (all on Upper Packrat) and a male Western Tanager at the top of a Redwood distantly behind the Visitor Center.

Rosemary Johson