Re: Monday at Lake Merritt and Arrowhead Marsh

xaphod1001@...

I was so relieved to see your post re the Bald Eagle! I was looking out my Alameda kitchen window Monday at the visible patch of sky and saw--floating above--a huge bird (for Alameda) that could only be an eagle, most likely a subadult Bald from what I could see with my naked eye. But it disappeared behind a roof before I could grab my binocs, and the next thing I saw up there was an airplane on the SFO flight path. I thought I was losing my mind as well as my eyesight. I am reassured. Great to see an eagle over Alameda on its way to/from Arrowhead!

Ardith Betts
Alameda