Re: FOS yard Golden crowned sparrow

Phila Rogers

Oh you lucky people!  I now live in Santa Barbara and I haven't heard a GC since I moved here eight years ago.  And I have to go to our Bot. garden in Mission Canyon to see a fox sparrow.  Phila Rogers

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 12:26 PM Rosemary Johnson <compasros@...> wrote:
Not surprised by this because I've had the same flock of exactly 6 GCS in my yard for years.
On 10/04/2021 12:08 PM Idell Weydemeyer <iwgarden@...> wrote:

Gold Crowns (GC)  in EL Sobrante singing on the 26th Sept and White Crowns arrived on the 1st. . If you have seen the Pacific Hort article , a study in santa cruz showed that GC  come back to the SAME   individual  bush and some nearby bushes  they were in the previous winter- amazing- check out the Pacific Hort article.

Idell Weydemeyer

From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Prunty
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 11:26 AM
To: judisierra@...
Cc: EBB <ebb-sightings@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] FOS yard Golden crowned sparrow

Yesterday I saw two here in Pinole. They were just across the fence in my neighbor's yard. Also close enough.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:08 AM judisierra via groups.io <judisierra=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

After seeing them on Vollmer Peak a few days ago,  they finally arrived here. I heard the "Oh dear me" song this morning. It was across the street while I was washing my car. Close enough.

Judi Sierra
Oakland