Vollmer Peak Hawkwatch

Ethan Monk

Yesterday, I hawk watched from 9am-1pm from the top of Vollmer Peak by the radio tower. The wind was moderate from the North, and it was a beautiful clear day.

Highlights included:
One Swainsons Hawk originally appeared at 1230 headed East, but flipped West once over the radio tower.
2 adult Bald Eagles southbound together.
181 Greater White-fronted Geese, and 27 Cackling Geese all headed East.
My first of fall Varied Thrush, Northbound.
One male Lawrence’s Goldfinch.
~20 distant White Pelicans, working their way South over the Bayside/Bernal Hill area in SF.

Ethan Monk

Ethan