Canada Warbler continues

rosita94598

Between about 11:15 and 11:45, a number of birders were able to see the Canada Warbler behind the picnic table above the Alvarado parking area at the west end of Wildcat Canyon Regional Park.  The area is a short 110-yards or so above the traffic turn-around.  Also present were an Orange-crowned Warbler and Chestnut-backed Chickadees.  I do not know what others might have seen.

When I first arrived, birders were in the turn-around area.  I saw a Band-tailed Pigeon land in a tree on the south side of the pavement.  It looked so big.  I wandered up the hill toward the location where the warbler was previously located.  Almost as soon as I arrived the bird was spotted by some birders already there.  We let the birders below know to come to the picnic area.  Some of them saw it and then some of us waited longer to see it again.

Hugh B. Harvey