Hammond's continues at Garin

Dave Weber

Hi Birders-

I spent about an hour this morning at Garin RP looking for the Hammond's
Flycatcher. I covered the whole trail along the west side of the creek
between the two creek crossings. Lots of small stuff flitting around but no
flycatchers of any kind. About to leave at noon, I heard the faint but
distinct sound of a flycatcher bill snapping shut and the Hammond's
Flycatcher soon appeared across the trail from the large pine. It stayed
around for a minute or two then retreated toward the middle of the creek. I
suspect it had been on the other side of the creek most of the time. Also
saw my fos Allen's Hummer.

Dave Weber,
Milpitas