Nude Birding in Walnut Creek

rosita94598

i left the house for Heather Farm Park this morning and when I arrived I realized my binoculars were not around my neck.  So, I went birding nude, so to speak.

Nothing exciting bird wise, we seem to be starting the summer doldrums early here.  Song Sparrows were singing, I heard a Nuttall's Woodpecker, Scrub Jay and Bushtits.  The Muscovy Duck was hanging with the Canada Geese on the lawn near the concrete pond, seven ducklings are left from the family of nine first seen on Sunday in the mostly natural pond.  No Red-shouldered Hawk today, but a Red-tailed Hawk was seen on a power pole.

Admittedly, it helps to know what birds to expect and where to look for them.

Hugh B. Harvey