Re: Acorn Woodpecker near Lake Anza

Graham Chisholm

There are several Acorn Woodpeckers just north of the Lone Oak Picnic area (which lies north of Lake Anza and south of the Jewell Lake Nature Center).  They seemed to have appeared during the recent irruption year and now seem to have settled in, and are occasionally along the lower portion of the Meadow Canyon Trail as well.

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:45 PM Claude Lyneis <cmlyneis@...> wrote:
I spotted a pair of Acorn Woodpeckers about 100 yards from the Lake Anza parking lot about 1 PM today.  This was after checking out Lake Anza and walking about a mile along the Wildcat Gorge and not seeing anything worth pulling out the camera.  It only the second time that I have seen Acorn Woodpeckers in Tilden or anywhere.

A bit far away, but a decent shot.  https://flic.kr/p/2kZsmTJ

--
Graham Chisholm
c. +01-510-409-6603