From: jtnikon <jtnikon@...>
To: EBB_Sightings@...
Sent: Fri, February 25, 2011 10:27:04 AM
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Pacific-slope Flycatcher (?) at Garin Regional Park

Yesterday (Feb 24) in Garin Regional Park, Hayward between 11:00-11:45AM, I
found an Empid Flycatcher hanging around the big pine tree on the west side
trail to the Jorden Pond. I think it's a Pacific-slope Flycatcher based on the
broken eyering and all flesh-colored underbill (without any obvious dark spot)
but am not 100% sure.

There were also a couple of Hutton's Vireos, Ruby-crowned Kinglets,
Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Lesser Goldfinches and White/Golden-crowned Sparrows
feeding on catkins on the nearby trees.

Pictures of the Empid Flycatcher can be seen on my Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerryting/5474651343/

Jerry Ting