Re: Heather Farm Park Walnut Creek May 11

tracy_farrington

All,
I think it's high time we take our case to the City Council. They have jurisdiction over the parks dept., et al.
I'd like to hear some ideas.

Regards,
Tracy Farrington

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 10:24:33 AM PDT, wendy Oliver <awesomeart1944@...> wrote:

Thank you for helping the Birds. I have talked to the Boys but they will not listen to any one. Wendy Oliver

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 8:44 AM rosita94598 via groups.io <rosita94598=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not a lot going on new with the birds here, but a Great-tailed Grackle has been around in the mornings for maybe a week or so.  He is heard more often than seen.

I did not check today because of the school traffic, but a Red-tailed Hawk has been sitting on the wires or poles n the Hale property near the private Seven Hills School.  I have seen it in the mornings on the weekend, and in the evenings, too.

Not many of the Mallards make it to adulthood, but there is one older duckling at the concrete pond.  Today there were five little ones on the west side of the mostly natural pond.

We have had trouble with illegal fishing, mostly by teenage boys who pay no attention to adults.  They don't worry about the police, either, because they know they will not be cited.  The have painted over the sign near the dog park crosswalk and fish behind the fence there.

Last Friday was a big drama day with a Canada Goose having both legs tangled in fishing line.  Since no local agency has the personnel or desire to come save such an animal, two local members of Mt. Diablo Audubon Society were finally able to net this goose and cut the line from its legs.  Kudos to Rosalie and Rosita.

Hugh B. Harvey

Wendy Oliver