Re: Allen's or Rufous Hummingbird on Panoramic Hill

Sam Zuckerman

Thanks to Bruce and Teale for making the call here. I'm convinced, and I have  seen an Allen's in this area recently. Out of an abundance of caution though, I'm going to leave this as Allen's/Rufous on the checklist.
Sam Zuckerman
On 05/03/2021 9:15 PM Bruce Mast <cathrasher4@...> wrote:

Sam,
Your first photo appears to show a fair amount of green on the head, which tends to correlate with green on the back. I think you're reasonably safe in calling this one an Allen's.

Bird on,

Bruce Mast
Oakland

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 1:31 PM Sam Zuckerman < samzuckerman@...> wrote:
Nice look at an adult male Selasphorus hummer on Panoramic Hill this morning, but I didn't get a view of the back. Be grateful for any help IDing this guy. Observed about 50 yards above gate on Panoramic Way between first and second curves. Photos on checklist

Sam Zuckerman
samzuckerman@...
510-375-3861