Question on Hummingbird's molting

ireddy@...

Hello everyone,
On 04/07/2021, so about 3 weeks ago, I had this Anna's Hummingbird (I believe) stop at my feeder for a drink, in Pleasanton. I noticed that it was missing some of its tail and maybe rump feathers. (see photos on ebird listing) What struck me though was that it was only on the right side of its body and I read that molting was symmetrical to allow the bird to keep its balance in flight. So maybe this bird was not molting and lost its feathers for another reason. any input would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Isabelle
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85063832