Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek--Chipping Sparrow Friday April 23

rosita94598

Four of us were eventually seeing a Chipping Sparrow at the corner of the community garden closest to the gravel boat ramp this morning.  Originally found by Steve Buffi, our MDAS treasurer, he was able to show it to Joel, a friend of his from their working days at Chevron, Ted Robertson and me.  That was the first time I have ever seen this sparrow species in the park.  This was between 9:30 and 10 AM.

In the concrete pond were three Canada Goose families; one with five new ones, one with one and one with three a few days old.  A female Mallard had five ducklings, too.

Hugh B. Harvey