GGAS's Christmas-in-May Bird Count!

Dawn Lemoine

Hi folks:
On Saturday May 8, Golden Gate Audubon is hosting our 1st ever Christmas-in-May Bird Count!

Why are we hosting this count? Several reasons:
  • Many of you missed a Christmas count this year, when we had to cancel our Oakland count due to Covid. Here's a chance to make up for that!
  • May 8th is eBird's Global Big Day, so our sightings will contribute to community science.
  • This is part of our annual Birdathon fundraising. Your registration fee helps us advocate for Bay Area birds! Plus you have an option of providing even more support by raising funds from friends, like in a walkathon.
To learn more and sign up, visit our Birdathon page on the Golden Gate Audubon website.

As the Oakland CBC Compilers, Viviana and I hope to see you in the field on May 8 (and in December, too, of course)!
Dawn Lemoine
Viviana Wolinsky