Re: White-crowned sparrows left last night

Jaan Lepson

It seems I was a bit premature in my assessment yesterday!

I saw several groups of LBJs while biking through Robertson Park in Livermore this morning, including one bird that showed well enough to ID as a WCSP. And two came in just a couple feet from my face this afternoon at home. But I have heard no singing at all these past two days from either White-crowns or Golden-crowns. So while they are here they are being inconspicuous.

Siskins were calling in Robertson Park on my way back home mid-day today.

Jaan Lepson
Livermore

On Apr 14, 2021, at 15:35, Alan Krakauer <Alan.krakauer@...> wrote:

For what it's worth, we still have continuing White-crowned and Golden-crowned Sparrows, along with Pine Siskin, here in Richmond near Wildcat Canyon Park as of this morning (Wednesday). We had a Fox Sparrow at least through Monday.

-Alan Krakauer
Richmond, CA