Re: Where are the hummingbirds? Disturbing declines....

Carolyn Arnold

Here in East Oakland, I have noticed a big decline.  I have several types of sage, brimming with nectar that several Anna’s hummingbirds were visiting every morning last year.
This year, I only saw one, one afternoon, visit them briefly.  I hope they are elsewhere!

On Apr 14, 2021, at 7:24 PM, Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551@...> wrote:

I Livermore, we have only one male Anna's Hummingbird.

--
Mike Correll-Feichtner (Formery Mike Feighner)
Livermore, California, Alameda County

http://www.linkedIn.com/in/michaelfeighner
--
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”  --  Martin Luther King, Jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of Peggy
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 6:49 PM
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] Where are the hummingbirds? Disturbing declines....

I live at Lake Merritt in Oakland and the Anna's are keeping me BUSY this season.  As Alvaro said, I'm filling my feeder at least twice as frequently as past years.  I had one Allen's migrate through, but that is typical.  Hope this provides a bit of comfort :).
Peggy Rehm
Oakland, CA

Carolyn Lee Arnold
Author of forthcoming memoir from She Writes Press in November 2021: Fifty First Dates After Fifty
Oakland, California
(510) 590-1172